Friday, December 7, 2012

My Romance

This is my arrangement of the jazz standard "My Romance", which I wrote last June, and have finally gotten around to recording and posting. "My Romance" (Rogers & Hart)
Arranged by Gary Prince
Gary Prince: Electric Guitar

It's not the cleanest recording in the world. This was done in my bedroom using my practice amp, a Fender Super Champ. I kind of like that it came out sounding kind of tinny and quaint, like sound out of an old radio played quietly. This arrangement was inspired by the fantastic book Guitar Solos: Thirteen Standards by Barry Galbraith which I've been using with my students for the past year. For anyone interested at all in jazz guitar, it is a really wonderful book. All Galbraith's arrangements find the perfect balance between being readily performable, very musical, and just challenging enough for most intermediate students.

I've done a few more arrangements like this, and will post them as I get around to it.

1 comment: